All the time I hear the question, “Does my small business really need a website?“. The answer here is not always yes, it depends very much on the business. If your business is busy and is having a hard time keeping up with demand then you may not want to have a website which could bring in additional business. Click here to get a fee quote.
The big reasons a business should have a business is:
- Stop being invisible – Many customers research online before visiting a company. If you do not exist online you won’t be seen.
- Increase sales – Your store may not be open 24/7 but your website will be. Allowing customers to contact you anytime or purchase anytime is a big deal.
- Educate customers – offer free advice about your products & services
- Build your reputation – by creating blog posts & articles on your site you demonstrate knowledge and expertise in your field
- Improve customer service – online forms and auto-res ponders work automatically day or night
If someone wants to visit your business 9 times out of 10 they will look you up online. They may be looking for a phone number, address, prices, store hours or just more information about the business. Don’t miss out but not having a website for them to find.
By now it’s clear that if you don’t have a website, you’re missing out on opportunities for customers to identify who you are and if they want to spend money with you. This said, if you have a bad website it is better to have no website.
First impressions count! You will want your brand reflected well on your website. By this you will want a custom domain name (no Wix or SquareSpace sites). You also want to have your logo, fonts and colors presented elegantly just like you do on your print materials. Looking good is important and functionality is too. Make sure your website not only looks and works good on your computer but also on your tablet & mobile phone. Many users now only use their phone as their primary computer.